Terms and Booking Conditions
A deposit of 20% of the cost of the rental period to be sent with the booking form.
Booking form and deposit should be received by us no later than 5 days from the date of your making the provisional booking.
The balance to be invoiced 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the rental period together with a returnable damage deposit of £150.
If you find it necessary to cancel your reservation, we make the following refunds:-
- Up to 8 weeks before commencement – If we can re-let the property, the deposit already paid will be refunded less an administration fee of £25. If we cannot re-let the property, we reserve the right to retain the deposit already paid.
- Between 4 and 8 weeks before commencement – 50% of rate refunded
- Between 2 and 4 weeks before commencement – 25% of rate refunded
- Less than 2 weeks before commencement – no refund
We advise that you obtain suitable holiday insurance to guard against financial loss due to unforseen cancellation
Quillaeron-Quilliou hereafter referred to as the “Property”, is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by the Owner that the appropriate fees have been paid, by the renter (hereafter referred to as the “Client”), for the agreed term of the rental.
To reserve the “Property”, the “Client” should complete and sign the Booking Form and return it together with payment of the initial non-returnable deposit (20% of the cost of the rental period).
Following receipt of the completed Booking Form and the deposit, the Owner will send a confirmation invoice and statement.
This will be understood to be acceptance of the booking.
The balance of the rental fee together with the security deposit (see clause 6) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period.
If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled.
The Client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rental unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event, clause 7 of these booking conditions shall apply.
Reservations made within eight weeks of the commencement date of the rental period require the full payment of the rental fee and security deposit at the time the booking is made.
Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period (e.g. telephone charges) will be deducted from the security deposit before the balance is repaid.
A security deposit of £200 is required in case of damage to the Property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks of the end of the rental period.
Subject to clauses 2 and 3, in the event of cancellation, refunds of the amounts paid by the Client will be repaid by the Owner if it is possible to re-let the Property.
The amount repaid may be reduced if the Owner has incurred extra expense in re-letting the Property.
It is, therefore, strongly recommended that the Client obtains sufficient and comprehensive travel insurance which includes cancellation cover since it may not be possible to arrange re-letting.
It is also advisable to obtain insurance cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc. since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
The rental period shall commence at 16:00 on the first day and end at 10:00 on the last day.
The Owner shall not be obliged to make the accommodation available before 16:00 on the first day of rental and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation of the accommodation after 10:00 on the last day of rental.
The numbers staying in the Property must not exceed the numbers agreed between the Owner and the Client.
The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period.
Although final cleaning will be carried out by the Owner’s agent and is included in the cost of the rental, the Owner reserves the right to make a deduction from the security deposit to cover any additional costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition.
Additionally, the Client agrees (whilst renting the Property) not to act in such a way that would cause disturbance to residents in neighbouring properties.
The Client shall report to the Owner or the Owner’s agent ,without any delay, any defects in the Property or any breakdown or malfunction of any equipment or machinery installed in the Property or provided by the Owner for the use of the Client so that repair and/or replacement can be effected as soon as possible or practicable.
The Owner shall not be liable to the Client for:-
- a. Any temporary defect in or stoppage of the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the Property or garden of the Property.
- b. Any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner
- c Any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or otherwise rendered unusable before the start of the rental period for which the Client has booked the Property. In such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client of the event, refund to the Client all sums previously paid by the Client to the Owner in respect of the rental of the Property.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owners liability to the Client exceed the amount paid by the Client to the Owner for the rental period for the Property.
This contract shall be governed by English Law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.
Please note these booking terms and conditions are a standard form of contract used by most holiday home owners and are for your protection as well as ours.